Maria VillagÓmez Biography
Maria Villagómez, CPA
Office of Management & Budget - Director
Maria Villagómez was appointed Budget Director of the Office of Management and Budget in April 2010. As Budget Director, Maria oversees the activities and operations for the department responsible for the preparation of the City’s Annual Operating and Capital Budget. Additionally, Maria is responsible for supervising the Office of Innovation, this office is responsible for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of City operations with priority areas identified by the City Manager.
Ms. Villagómez has been with the City for the past 16 years and served as the City’s Assistant Budget Director for 3 years prior to her appointment to Budget Director. Prior to that, Maria spent nine years in various leadership positions within the Public Works Department.
- B.B.A. Accounting, University of Texas at San Antonio
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Professional Memberships and Community Involvement
- 2011 Greater Chamber of Commerce and Hispanic Chamber of Commerce San Antonio Leadership Class participant
- 2010 San Antonio Business Journal Honoree, 40 under 40
- Member - Government Finance Officers Association
- Leadership San Antonio Graduate Class 36
- Ms. Villagómez is a member of St. Matthew’s Catholic Church.