The purpose of the Business, Retention and Expansion (BRE) program is to:
- Retain and expand local business in key industry clusters;
- Encourage job growth in the local corporate base; and
- Provide technical assistance to local companies.
Under leadership of the San Antonio Economic Development Foundation, the BRE program demonstrates a coordinated and concerted effort among the community’s economic development partners (City of San Antonio, Bexar County, CPS Energy, Workforce Solutions Alamo, the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce and others) to keep our valued employers engaged and successfully operating in San Antonio.
PHOTO CAPTION: Ribbon cutting ceremony at Southwest Airline’s new reservation center on June, 11, 2012. The BRE program assisted Southwest Airlines in identifying a new site for their reservation center that allowed the company to retain 478 jobs and bring 322 new jobs to the area.
In 2014, the BRE program:
- Visited 58 companies
- Addressed road, infrastructure and workforce related issues
- Assisted in the retention and expansion of three major Fortune 500 corporations, including Microsoft, CST Brands, United Parcel Service (UPS).
- Retained 1,194 jobs and created 1,507 jobs