San Antonio is a great place for businesses to become more competitive and to grow. San Antonio has low taxes, some of the lowest utility rates in the nation and a low cost of living for employees and businesses alike to enjoy. San Antonio is also fiscally responsible by maintaining a 'AAA' bond rating from all three major rating agencies while committing to more than $1 billion in infrastructure and quality of life investments through 2017.
There are some great benefits to relocating your business to San Antonio:
San Antonio is also an international gateway. San Antonio's location in Texas, one the most business friendly states in the United States, is at the crossroads of Interstate Highway 10 and Interstate Highway 35 which are major transportation corridors connecting the US with two countries (Mexico and Canada) and both coasts.
- San Antonio is a center for bioscience research and innovation. The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio and the San Antonio Military Medical Center are national and international leaders in biotechnology and trauma research and applied care. Our community has also developed a creative tool to help local bio-tech start-ups.
- The San Antonio Economic Development Corporation (SAEDC), created by the City Council in 2010, provides equity financing through grants and loans to strengthen bioscience research in the community. This type of public-private collaboration has spurred development and innovation in several new bioscience start-ups in San Antonio.
- San Antonio is also focused on developing the workforce to meet the needs of the business community. There are 31 higher education institutions ensuring businesses a skilled, educated workforce.
- In addition, the Alamo Academies and the Just-In-Time training program are examples of workforce development programs developed in collaboration with industry partners to meet the needs of the aerospace, information technology, healthcare and manufacturing industries.
- San Antonio has a rich and diverse history and culture with great shopping, dining, art, entertainment and activities for families and young professionals to enjoy.