What is the San Antonio Immunization Repository System (SAIRS)?
SAIRS is a database that holds vital immunization information within Bexar County and surrounding areas. While the main focus is to keep track of vaccines administered to children, SAIRS also extends its services to parents by tracking their immunization information as well. SAIRS currently holds shot records for over 1,000,000 individuals and is utilized by over 300 clinics.
How does SAIRS benefit me and my children?
- It is an avenue for you and your child to have a complete shot record.
- Makes obtaining shot records easier
- It helps doctors remind you when vaccines are due.
- It is a useful 'friend' if your shot records are ever misplaced.
- Allows healthcare professionals to exchange vaccination information in an effort to maintain an up-to-date shot record for you or your child.
- Provides reminders for children whose immunization are due or overdue.
Who has access to records in sairs?
Health care professionals, such as doctors, registered nurses, medical assistants, hospitals, schools, and daycare centers have access to shot records in SAIRS.
If you would like for your/ your child's record to be available in SAIRS but your doctor is not currently participating- bring this handout with you to your next doctor's appointment:
If you do not wish to have your/ your child's information in SAIRS, please fill out and submit this form to Metro Health:
What are my options to obtain a shot record?
- Visit our immunization clinic at the Frank Garrett Center, 1223 NW 18th St. ($5 fee/record).
- Ask your doctor to provide you with a copy of your record (fees may vary).
- Ask you doctor to request a copy on your behalf. Fax request to (210) 207-8882.