Children must turn four years old by September 1, 2015 to attend Pre-K 4 SA for the 2015-2016 school year.
PRE-K 4 SA FOR ELIGIBLE STUDENTS
Four-year-olds qualify to attend Pre-K 4 SA for free if they meet the following requirements:
- Must live within the City of San Antonio limits,
- Must live within a participating school district,
- 2015-2016 participating school districts include Edgewood ISD, Harlandale ISD, North East ISD, Northside ISD, San Antonio ISD, Southside ISD, and Southwest ISD
- South San Antonio ISD, Alamo Heights ISD, East Central ISD, and Judson ISD are not participating in Pre-K 4 SA for the 2015-2016 school year. Families residing within these districts may still apply for the lottery to be selected for the tuition program.
- And must meet one of the following criteria outlined by the Texas Education Agency:
- Is eligible for the National Free and Reduced Lunch Program or receives Food Stamps or TANF benefits; or
- Is unable to speak and comprehend the English language (as determined by assessment); or
- Is homeless, as defined by the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act; or
- Is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- Is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- Is or has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing.
All qualifying students must verify their eligibility during Pre-K 4 SA registration to attend.
AFFORDABLE TUITION SPACES
Affordable tuition spaces are also available for families who do not live within a participating school district or do not meet one of the Texas Education Agency requirements. All tuition students must live within San Antonio city limits.
Tuition students pay affordable rates to attend Pre-K 4 SA. Tuition is offered on a sliding scale and is calculated based on a family’s income and household size. For more details on the tuition program and to estimate the cost for your family, see our Tuition Program Guide.
Is your child eligible for Pre-K 4 SA as a free or tuition student? Learn how to apply.