Professional Development Opportunities
The Pre-K 4 SA Professional Development Department offers Professional Development Academies for San Antonio teachers throughout the year. These free sessions are designed to provide pre-k and kindergarten educators across the city with high quality professional development that will benefit the whole child in a developmentally appropriate and purposeful way.
Teachers can register for PD Academies by emailing the following information to PDRegistration@sanantonio.gov.
1. Your full name
2. Your position title (Example: Teacher, Instructional Assistant, Administrator)
3. District and school name
4. Contact phone number
5. Titles of the sessions you want to attend.
Pre-K 4 SA participating school districts will be given priority registration, and remaining registration slots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Each flyer contains the location information and session descriptions for that day. All sessions directly support the Texas Prekindergarten Guidelines and/or Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills. Current PD Academies address standards for pre-k and kindergarten grade levels. Each year, a grade level will be added so that content continues to align vertically to support growth.
For questions on sessions or how to register, please call Rachel Salazar at (210)206-2746 or Linda Hamilton at (210)206-2759.
December 6, 2014
- Morning Session: 8:30 - 11:30 a.m. Choose from one of the following:
- "Nonfiction Here, There, and Everywhere: Developing Informational Literacy in Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten" or
- "Which Came First... the Chicken or the Egg?"
- Afternoon Session: 12:30 - 3:30 p.m. Choose from one of the following:
- "Questioning and Creativity" or
- "Moving Motor Skills in the Right Direction"
- Location: Pre-K 4 SA West Education Center
- 1235 Old Highway 90 West, 78227
- Lunch on your own from (11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
The Art of Storytelling series (October - February)
- Learn the art of using effective, fun storytelling with students PK-3rd grade.
- Storytelling is a great way to increase comprehension, engage students, foster problem solving, promote creativity, and improve composition.
- Taught by an award-winning Master Storyteller.
- Series involves a two-day cohort to learn the art of storytelling: October 25 and November 15; and separate one-day sessions for anyone to learn how to weave storytelling into content areas: January 24 (Math and Science), February 7 (Reading and Writing)
- Full day sessions, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Location: varies by session