Council District 5
Senior Multi-Service Health & Resource Center
2701 S. Presa, (210) 207-5270
Overview of Facility
This facility is approximately 10,800 square feet and will
provide meals and wellness services to approximately 150 seniors
(60 years of age or older) daily. The hours of operation at the
facility will be Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Congregate meals: Lunches will be provided daily for
seniors and are free of charge.
- Nutrition and Health Education will be offered at the Center
- Fitness Activities: A fitness room is located in the
Center with three exercise bikes, three treadmills and two
Bowflex machines. There will also be various classes offered at
the Center: Dance Therapy, Low Impact Aerobics, Senior Yoga and
the Senior Connection Program.
- Computer Classes: Classes will be offered which
include Introduction to Computers, Introduction to the Internet,
Introduction to Microsoft Word, and Introduction to Microsoft
- Case Management: DHS will offer Case Management which
includes assistance with utility payments (gas, water, and
electric), rent, prescriptions and medical equipment and
- Medical & Dental Screening Services: WellMed Medical
Management provides medical and dental screening services which
include:free flu shots, health risk assessments, health
education/prevention classes, immunizations, vision and hearing
screenings, oral health evaluations, referral/case management,
and preventive oral health services.
- Recreational Activities: Recreation activities
include arts and crafts, bingo, Dominoes, cards, billiards.
- City provides free transportation Monday through Friday for
seniors within a five mile radius of the Center. Please call
207-7172 for more information.
- Three VIA bus lines are within walking distance to 2701 S.
Presa (#34, #36, and #42). There is also a covered bus stop
(line #36) in front of the senior multi-service center.
- The facility offers ample parking.