The Family Assistance Center’s main focus is to provide low income families and individuals with the support they need to move toward better jobs and financial self-sufficiency. Through combined federal (Community Services Block Grant), utility (CPS Energy and SAWS), and general fund dollars, the Department of Human Services’ Family Assistance Centers provides help to families in San Antonio and Bexar County that are seeking to meet basic needs, such as utilities and rent, and those aiming for better employment.
View the Standard Requirements for all program assistance - Must meet the priority categories.
*Some services are income based.
Services provided by Family Assistance Centers
- Project Agua (SAWS)
- Plumbers to People (SAWS)
- Project REAP (CPS Energy)
- Project Warm (CPS Energy)
- Work Support & Case Management
- Job readiness
- Rent assistance to families who have received a final eviction notice
- Assistance in applying for Benefits (Food Stamps, Medicaid, etc.)
- Referrals to other Community Services
For convenience, we have centers in key locations throughout the community.
To view center locations, please visit the Facilities Provider page.
Emergency Services Call Center
*for assistance with rent and utilities
Monday - Friday: 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.