The Ambassador Program is an internship program for currently enrolled college students sponsored by the City of San Antonio. The program exposes students to professional opportunities and innovative career paths through paid internships and training experience in high-demand occupations in an effort to attract San Antonio’s graduating professionals to jobs and industries within the local community.
The Ambassador Program was launched in Summer 2004 through an initiative presented by then-District 7 Councilman Julián Castro. The program received the Texas Workforce Innovation Award in 2005. An average of 60 Ambassador Interns are enrolled and placed in internship positions each year from a variety of participating local, state and nationwide colleges and universities.
To apply for an Ambassador Internship, applicants must:
- Be a San Antonio high school graduate or permanent resident of San Antonio
- Have already completed at least one full year (two semesters) of college
- Demonstrate and maintain at least a 2.5 grade point average or better
- Submit completed application (including attachments) by close of the deadline
- Special enrollment consideration will be given to applicants attending school out-of-town or out-of-state
Ambassador Program 2015 Application (PDF)
For questions regarding the program, please contact us.