- The Program is set up as a matching grant up to $5,000. This means for every dollar the applicant provides for the project, the City will match that dollar. Thus, if a project costs $10,000, the applicant will pay the $10,000 to the contractor and the City will reimburse the applicant $5,000.
STEP 1 – APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY
- Business or commercial property owners are eligible if the business is 1 – located within a target area; and 2 – utilized for commercial purpose (NO residences or apartments). See MAPS
- Meeting is set up to assess need and design of project.
- If you are NOT in a target area, Call us. You might still be within an ICRIP/ CDBG area. If you are, you could apply between June 1 - September 1 of each year!
STEP 2 – COMPLETE THE APPLICATION
The application is to be completed by the applicant
- What we help you with:
- Design assistance will be arranged
- Three bids per scope of work are required.
- Locating additional sources of funding
- Completed applications should be submitted in person at the:
Planning and Community Development Department
1400 S Flores
San Antonio, TX 78204
- Once an application is received, staff will confirm eligibility of the site and the proposed scope of work, notify the applicant that the application has been received and is under review and arrange a Project Review meeting.
- Projects that are eligible for funding will be considered on a first come, first served basis. Applications must be submitted prior to September 1, 2013. Grants may be limited due to funding availability.
- Application (all four forms must be read and submitted):
STEP 3 and STEP 4 - PROJECT REVIEW MEETING- CONSTRUCTION
General and Sign Contractors are highly encouraged to apply as a "Pre-selected Contractor." Deadline for such is February 15
- Contractors bidding must have the following:
- General Liability Insurance
- Not be suspended or debarred from their license
- Not be a family member of the applicant
- Be provided "specs" for the project so each contractor is providing pricing on the exact same line items
- View the Performance Interview Checklist
- Request for Qualification
STEP 5 – REIMBURSEMENT
- Final Inspection upon completion of the work (we do that)
- Complete the Project Completion form and submit it along with copies of invoices, cancelled checks (cash payments are not accepted as proof of payment) , and certified Davis- Bacon payroll forms asking for reimbursement of applicable costs.
- When all work and documentation is received, City staff will request payment. A check will be sent to the applicant.
PO Box 839966
San Antonio, TX 78283
1 (210) 207-4686
Monday - Friday: 7:45 AM - 4:30 PM